COVID 19 Child Care Provision for Key Workers
- There is a central application process for hubs managed by Education Resources. Eligibility criteria is detailed in the application form so parents are aware of this as they apply for a place. Prime consideration, at this time, will be given to children of emergency services and key workers such as NHS, Health and Social Care, Fire, Police and Ambulance.
- Application forms for Early Years and school aged children have gone live via the South Lanarkshire Council website and twitter. The initial deadline for parental returns is 9am on Wed 25th March 2020. Applications received thereafter will be allocated spaces on the basis of availability.
Link to Parental Application form
We have been instructed by SLC, who are being guided by NHS Lanarkshire Public Health and Health Protection, to put measures in place to ensure the health and wellbeing of staff and children. At present, we have been instructed to cancel all extra curricular activities:-
- All after school clubs
- All pre school clubs (this DOES NOT include the breakfast club)
- Lunchtime clubs – Spanish and craft.
- Primary Band at ROMPs
- Tree planting/Wild flower planting (P3/4)
We have also been instructed to postpone
- Parent Consultations
- The Voice Project (Choir Children)
- All sporting events, Netball Festival, Football Festival, Cross Country final etc.
- P5 Swimming
- Book Fair
We have been instructed to cancel all visitors/parent helpers to the school. We hope to welcome everyone back to parent helping once this situation is over.
I assume that the same will apply to visits for P7 children and their parents to Lanark Grammar for e.g. the Science Fair this Thursday and any future events until further notice.
Hopefully this message covers all upcoming events, but forgive me if I have missed anything – we are such a busy school, that no doubt something will have slipped through the net, but please consider all forthcoming events postponed/cancelled.
With regard to our end of term service, I will be seeking advice and will let parents know if this will go ahead as planned.
Please find advisory information provided by NHS Scotland in relation to the Corona Virus.
Scottish Morning 2020 was hugely successful and well supported by our school community.