I hope you and your family have had a restful and relaxing summer break.
Mr Tony McDaid, Executive Director for Education, has asked that we issue this information update to all parents.
Within the information there is a suggested proposal for pupils to return to school on a phased basis. Due to our class configurations we have altered this to suit our own context.
Please see our phased return plan for Underbank Primary below:
- Tuesday 11th August – Staff only
- Wednesday 12th August (9.30am – 2.45pm) – Our new Primary 1 pupils only
- Thursday 13th August (9am – 3pm) – Our Primary 1- 4 pupils only (Room 1, 2 and 3)
- Friday 14th (9am – 3pm) – Our Primary 5 – 7 pupils only (Room 4 and 5)
- Monday 17th (9am – 3pm) – All pupils return
Margo H Millar
Our “Welcome to Underbank Primary School” tour.
Please click here to access a tour of our new school.
Scottish Attachment in Action has developed some new resources specifically for these difficult times. You can see them on their dedicated webpage ‘Why Attachment matters more than ever’.
South Lanarkshire Community Planning Partnership
COVID-19 – Community Wellbeing Line
A new helpline is now available for individuals living in South Lanarkshire who are self-isolating/vulnerable and whose usual support network is no longer available.
The helpline will help people to access food and other essential supplies. The Community Engagement Team within the council have been working along with VASLAN to collate activity which is happening within communities, and to make contact with new groups and networks which are developing in response to the current situation.
Community volunteers are playing a key role in supporting the people around them. This includes helping transport essential goods such as food to people who cannot leave their home, carrying out welfare checks where there was a concern expressed about the wellbeing of someone, and offering telephone befriending to those who are isolated.
The helpline number is 0303 123 1009 and the opening hours are as follows:-
Monday to Thursday 8.45am – 4.45pm
Friday 8.45am – 4.15pm
Saturday and Sunday 8.45am – 4.45pm
Please pass this information on to any people that you are working with and who are self-isolating/vulnerable and don’t have any other support networks available. If you have any questions about the helpline please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking volunteers!
If you are interested and have some time to help our communities please email email@example.com
COVID 19 Child Care Provision for Key Workers
- There is a central application process for hubs managed by Education Resources. Eligibility criteria is detailed in the application form so parents are aware of this as they apply for a place. Prime consideration, at this time, will be given to children of emergency services and key workers such as NHS, Health and Social Care, Fire, Police and Ambulance.
- Application forms for Early Years and school aged children have gone live via the South Lanarkshire Council website and twitter. The initial deadline for parental returns is 9am on Wed 25th March 2020. Applications received thereafter will be allocated spaces on the basis of availability.
Link to Parental Application form